Oh the dreaded Double Unders….
Even for those who have them mastered, once in awhile they are a source of frustration. Below is information that may help you reach double under success.
Click here to view a short video featuring Chris Spealler giving a few pointers about proper upper extremity placement.
Click here to view an additional video that specifically addresses the rhythm of double unders.
Ordering a custom made rope may be beneficial for the following reasons:
- to have a rope that is the appropriate length for your height
- to start with a bit heavier/thicker cable which provides more feedback
- to practice consistently at the gym, at home, at work, on the road, anywhere
- owning a rope in your favorite colors = better double-unders!
Most of our athletes order ropes from:
- The handles are “one-size-fits-all” and the cables are interchangeable.
- Sizing: You can measure the length of a rope in the gym that seems to work well for you and/or determine an ideal length by adding approximately 3 feet to your height (so if you are 5’11” you would order an 8’11” cable).
- Cable weight: Full descriptions of each cable can be read on the website. For beginners, we recommend starting with “Buff.” Many athletes order both the Buff and Elite cables so they are ready to switch to a lighter cable once proficient with the Buff.
Ask your trainers or other athletes for additional tips on double under technique and ordering a custom rope.