“CrossFit Kids is not merely a scaled down version of CrossFit, it is entirely and absolutely CrossFit; geared and designed for a special population, and the specific needs of that population.”
–Mikki Martin, CrossFit Brand X
The commitment to our children’s future is an amazingly rewarding path. We are not only able to potentially enhance kids’ physical fitness, but we also have the opportunity to shape their lives and the realities within them. At 7220, your child’s safety and opportunity to potentiate their personal lives are our primary focus.
All CrossFit Kids Trainers must pass a background check conducted by CrossFit Headquarters. CrossFit 7220 has 4 CrossFit Kids Trainers who have completed the CrossFit Kids course requirements: Mike Dorssom, Nicole Bleak, Gretchen Claude, and Jon Claude
CF 7220 Kids classes cost $5/per child per class. There is no pre-class sign-up or requirement to attend every class each week or month. You will be billed periodically via email/PayPal.
CFK Summer Schedule:
*we don’t not hold class on Mondays when kids have a 1/2 day or full day off from school
Snowys (ages 3 – 7) 25-30 minute class Mondays 3:30 – 4:00
Rockies (ages 8 – 11) 40-45 minute class Mondays 3:45 – 4:25
Tetons (ages 12 -18) 45-50 minute class T/TH 3:35 – 4:30
Please note that the age of your child is not the only determining factor for which class he or she attends. It is largely based upon individual skill, athleticism and maturity. It is ultimately decided upon by the trainers to ensure your child is getting the most out of the CrossFit Kids experience.
Please read CrossFit 7220’s policies and procedures for the safety and protection of your child and the efficacy of their CrossFit class experience.
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Walk your small children inside the building for the start of the class and come inside the building to pick your child up promptly when class ends. Unless pre-arranged, children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
Notify a trainer if you see anyone in the parking lot or gym who does not belong there.
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water with their name on it.
- Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
- Younger participants (Snowys) may need to have a parent or guardian present throughout the class if assist is needed with toileting or behavior problems. Parents need not stay with children 6 and up, but are welcome to watch. If you choose to stay, please refrain from coaching your child. Adults are not allowed to workout while CFK classes are in session.
- Allergies: We will not be providing food without advanced notification, but we are not a nut-free facility. If your child has an allergy where a reaction may require administration of an epi-pen, a parent/guardian must be present during the class even if the child is 6 or older.
- Disciplinary policy: first warning: free of consequence, second warning: sit out the first two minutes of the game, third warning: go to the parent (or phone parent to pick-up if not present).
- Siblings or other children who are not attending class must sit with an adult and stay off all equipment. Children are not allowed in the gym during adult classes.
- Finally, please make the trainer aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).
CF 7220 looks forward to getting to know and training your children to the utmost of our ability. Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, problems, or concerns.
Thank you, CrossFit Kids Trainers
Watch this video to learn more about how CrossFit can benefit kids.