Nutrition Challenge starts October 1st!
For those participating in the challenge, there will be frequent updates coming in via email from firstname.lastname@example.org so check junk folders and make sure we are tagged as a “safe sender”
You should know your daily caloric and macronutrient goal before waking up on Thursday.
Here is an example of getting your goals in place:
- Mike Dorssom
- Body Weight: 185 lbs
- Activity multiplier: 13
- 185 x 13 = 2405 (Daily Caloric Needs)
- Goal = Performance (not Cutting, or Bulking, therefore he will not subtract or add calories to my Daily Caloric Need)
- Protein = 84 kg x 2 = 168g (168 x 4 = 672 calories should be coming from Protein)
- Fat = 1g per kg = 84g (84 x 9 = 756 calories should be coming from Fat)
- Carbs = 672 + 756 = 1428 from PRO and FAT, so 2405 – 1428 = 977 calories from Carbs. 977 / 4 = 244g from Carbs.
- So, for Mike to be successful, he needs to to get between 158-178g or Protein and between 2205-2605 calories in a day.
HOW WILL YOU MEASURE SUCCESS?
- Having a “successful” day means logging all of your food, as well as coming within 10g of protein and 200 calories of your daily goals. (The number of successful days in a week will be posted on the Big Board in the gym, starting on October 8th, you will need to post info about the previous week)
- We will also track weekly the number of workouts you do in a week. These WODs can be done at the gym or anywhere else. The max score is 4, so working out 12 times/week won’t get you extra points :)! For those that are not members, we have Saturday morning WODs available to anyone in the community at 7:00 or 8:00 AM.
- The pre-Challenge WOD will be programmed all day Thursday, as well as 7 and 8 AM on Saturday. You can also do the pre-Challenge WOD during any open gym before NEXT Thursday.