Thanks to those who attended the Challenge Kick-off Friday! Whether you were able to attend or not, we hope to equip you with everything you need to start your 6 week challenge on October 1st.
We suggest you start getting familiar with MFP app (My Fitness Pal) in the next few days so you’ll have some practice with it.
A few items we didn’t talk about Friday night:
- A successful day during the challenge will be falling within 10 g of your protein goal and within 200 calories of your total calorie goal.
- Your protein and carbohydrate sources often contain fat. You’ll find there is often no need for many additional fats in your diet (and that it is really easy to exceed your daily fat gram allowance!) Choosing low fat protein and carbohydrate sources will be beneficial.
Read this Flexible Dieting Information document which contains
- step by step instructions to get started with Flex Dieting
- calculations to determine your optimal macronutrient and caloric intake
- helpful hints
- a link to a My Fitness Pal / Flex Diet tutorial
- information on nutrient timing
If you haven’t signed up yet, go to our Nutrition Page for instructions.