Welcome to the 2015 CrossFit 7220 Nutrition Challenge!
It is the 4th year for this event. Each year brings new ideas and approaches but one thing remains the same: We are convinced that the right food promotes optimal wellness. So, the very basic reason we do these challenges is to demonstrate what an important and impactful role that nutrition plays in everybody’s lives. Past results have been truly remarkable. Folks have lost significant body fat during the six weeks of the challenge while gaining muscle mass.
For past participants familiar with The Zone Diet, we’ll be introducing an alternative method for calculating macronutrient consumption. There will be no need to use a chart or convert food into “blocks.”
We have a great body of nutritional knowledge at CrossFit 7220 and we’ll be here every step of the way to help, encourage and cheer you on!
- The challenge will run six weeks from October 1st through November 12th.
- A final event will be hosted at CrossFit to announce the winners and award prizes.
- There will be an orientation on Friday, September 25th at 7pm at CrossFit 7220. You are highly encouraged to attend although it’s not mandatory.
- This event is open to anybody, not just members of CrossFit 7220.
- This year, the focus will be on a daily macronutrient balance. This is just a fancy way of saying that we’ll help you figure out the right balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat.
Here is what to do next:
- The event fee is $50 and includes two body composition scans. Register now by going to the WOD Schedule then click on any one of the Nutrition Challenge days and get signed up. (If you don’t already have an account on our site, click Log In to get started.)
- Click here and get signed up for the body composition analysis at UW.
- Every entrant agrees to follow the Nutrition Challenge Credo.
We will have more background information coming out shortly so the most important thing is to get signed up for the challenge and the body composition as soon as you can. If you have any questions whatsoever, please email us at email@example.com.
The UW Department of Kinesiology has graciously offered us the use of their DEXA scanner. This is the gold standard in body composition analysis. The scan takes about 10 minutes and you will instantly know % body fat, lean muscle mass, bone mineral density and a number of other important indicators.
It is important for you to schedule your appointment to get the scan ASAP. Click here to get it scheduled now.
The DEXA scanner is at Corbett gym on campus. From the main lobby, go up the stairs to room 206.
- We would ask that everyone try to arrive 5-10 minutes before their appointment time to help keep us on schedule.
- Everyone will need to sign and review the consent form (preferably before their appt time). Click here to review and print form: DEXA Consent – Revised and Approved 9-2015
- ALL females regardless of age and childbearing status are required to complete a urine pregnancy test. Please come to the appointment well hydrated.
- Clothing should be typical exercise clothing containing no metal, e.g., no underwire bras. Shorts are preferred for accurate thigh circumference measurement.
I believe for optimum health, fitness, and body composition I need:
- to eat a balanced diet on a daily basis. (Balanced and portion controlled based on one’s macronutrient requirements)
- to maintain selfawareness and accountability by documenting every food and beverage consumed.
- to exercise at least 4 times per/week.
- to be accountable by posting weekly updates at CrossFit 7220.