Has this warmer weather got you craving ice-cream?
Head over to Zone Appetit for some healthier options.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
Vanilla Ice Cream Base
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 c. Medjool dates (about 8)
- 1 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Thickener (1/2 tsp. guar gum OR 1 Tbsp. gelatin in 1/4 c. boiling water until dissolved ~ pour into blender last)
- Put coconut milk and dates in blender and puree until smooth.
- Add almond milk, vanilla, and thickener. Puree until smooth.
- Place in freezer for about 1 hour.
- Pour into ice cream machine and churn until done.
- Freeze until ready to eat.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. arrowroot flour
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. palm shorteneing
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- splash of water (for me this was a little over an 1/8 c. ~ keep adding a little at a time until it makes a nice cookie dough consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add palm shortening, vanilla, and water. Mix until you have a nice dough consistency.
- Pack dough into 1 Tbsp size ice cream scoop.
- Roll into a ball and flatten.
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.
- Let cool completely.
*****I made the cookies while the ice cream was in the freezer. Then let them cool for the remaining time and while the ice cream was churning. Place nice amount of ice cream on one cookie and then place a second on top. Freeze until firm****