The Secret to Getting Better at CrossFit
There are no secrets – it’s actually a pretty cut and dry process. Show up, work hard, commit to the long term and practice!
1. Show Up, Regardless of The Workout – “I’m not going today because there are cleans and I suck at those.” Well, I hate to break it to you, but you’re always going to suck at them with that attitude.
2. Put In The Work – Want to get better at the Olympic lifts? Go to barbell club or Olympic lifting class or whatever supplemental class that your gym offers – Hot Dogs and Cup Cakes or Verve Barbell Club.
3. Commit – If you want to get better at CrossFit, you’re going to have to CrossFit. You can’t just show up once or twice a week, on top of running and spinning and barre class or whatever other forms of exercise you’re holding on to. I’m not saying that you have to quit everything else that you love, but you’re going to have to make CrossFit your main focus if you want to get better.
4. Prioritize Strength – Many people who begin CrossFitting will find that their endurance builds up quickly. Rowing, burpees and box jumps? No problem! Everyone loves a good sweat and associates that with an awesome workout. But that is only part of it. Add any barbell movement, and their numbers haven’t budged a bit.
5. Practice – If you want to get better at something, you have to practice!
You can find the full Tabata Times article here.