3. What are your 2 favorite CrossFit Moves?
Bar muscle-ups (even though my technique is terrible, and I can’t do very many, and I wish I could say ring muscle-ups instead) and rope climbs.
4. Design a WOD you would be tempted to click “cancel” on:
Easy, Fran. Thrusters are pure evil.
6. Which 7220 athlete do you most want to be like?
Dorrell. He is the Money to my Hawk (sorry, inside joke). I also aspire to be 1/2 as tough as Mike Kmetz.
9. What was the last road race you competed in? Distance? What place did you finish in?
I don’t run on roads anymore. My last trail race was the BigHorn 50K in June. It was 32 miles, and less fun than I anticipated. I finished 14th overall.
10. How has CrossFit changed your running training and performance?
I run fewer days and miles during traininig, but am running faster races than ever before. The last 2 years, I have set PRs at a couple of the local trail races, Jelm and Silent Trails, with less running (though I find myself pushing myself much harder during training runs that I used to). Thanks Mike D! (No pressure, Nate, but we expect a sub-5:00 mile on Thursday)